Seeking Bids on Research ProjectRFP-0006 Single Parcel Shipping Environment (OPEN)
This is a 4-part project involving Data Collection and Methodology Development applicable in the Single Parcel Shipping Environment. A significant amount of effort has been expended in the past to characterize the handling of the high-volume package types, weights and sizes that go through the single parcel shipping channels. However, these projects have been scoped to address potential gaps that exist in ISTA 3A, Packaged-Products for Parcel Delivery System Shipment.
- Parts 1 and 2 involve the collection of field data in the single parcel shipping environment and offering recommendations on potential improvements to ISTA 3A with focus in the following areas.
- Part 1 - Measuring the effect of packaged-product size and weight on the drop heights experienced.
- Part 2 - Measuring the dynamic compression forces experienced due to the combination of stacking and vibration.
- Parts 3 and 4 relate to testing methodology development as is felt that the technique and tools required to conduct these studies are not currently defined or validated.
- Part 3 - Develop a methodology to measure the effect of packaged-product dimensions on the flexing forces experienced.
- Part 4 - Develop a methodology to measure the effect of packaged-product dimensions on the concentrated loading / impacts.
Click here to learn more and view RFP.
ISTA’s Advocate Research and Value Delivery Program includes conducting research and collecting data that improves testing and design methodologies for the evolving domestic and global supply chains. The results will minimize the risk of product damage while lowering cost and the package’s environmental footprint. Click here to learn more about this important program and the companies and organizations supporting these efforts.