Learn more about joining our team!ISTA Vice President of Program and Market Development
ISTA is a member-based nonprofit that empowers organizations, and their people, to minimize product damage throughout distribution and optimize resource usage through effective package design. The Vice President of Program and Market Development is a key member of the ISTA staff and is expected to understand, support, and promote its values, mission, and vision. Your objective is building brand equity and market impact of strategic programs, while establishing ISTA as the undisputed global leader in empowering organizations, and their people, to minimize product damage throughout distribution and optimize resource usage through effective package design.
In collaboration with key stakeholders, and the ISTA team, you will lead development of our strategy for marketing the Association’s value proposition and key strategic initiatives/programs, to create interest, demand, and recognition/visibility for ISTA, and our value proposition, throughout the world.
- In coordination with the President, and VP of Communications, develop business and marketing plans focused on achieving the Association’s strategic goals
- Develop an annual budget for ISTA’s marketing initiatives
- Lead marketing initiatives to expand impact of ISTA programs to member and non-member audiences, worldwide
- Build and promote ISTA’s visibility and brand within the international packaging community including representation of ISTA in international forums
- Lead ISTA’s regional advisory boards to implement and deliver effective strategies for achieving market growth within the regions
- Collaborate with VP of Communications in ISTA’s branding and media communication activities such as press releases, advertisements, marketing collateral, and web site
- Participate in industry forums, member and non-member discussions, and conferences as a representative of the organization
- Conduct market research to develop new strategies
You will work with the entire ISTA team to manage the go-to-market strategy and tactical execution of identified strategic programs to further penetrate key global regions through collaboration and coordination with everyone on Staff. These efforts will ensure both members and non-members can leverage ISTA to successfully achieve their planned business goals.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to identify, develop and implement program development and lifecycle management plans across targeted programs and markets that optimize value, time, resources, risk, and alignment with strategic objectives
- Communicate and collaborate with external partners to achieve common goals and timelines
- Ensure that the overall program structure and process deliver the successful achievement of strategic goals
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization by bringing the right stake holders to discussions to accomplish shared program goals
- Contribute strategic input and operational expertise, including scenario development, trade-off implications and the evaluation/assessment of program opportunities and results
Educational Partner Program
- Implement and lead marketing initiatives to expand impact of educational programming to member and non-member audiences, worldwide
- Overall responsibility for management of program to meet established goals, including analyzing results, partner performance, and taking corrective actions
- Identify qualified educational partners within priority regions and negotiate Memorandums of Understanding to participate in the program. This includes negotiating revenue share and other relevant partnership metrics
- Facilitate and manage translation of educational content through educational partners
- Collaborate with educational partners to identify and implement region-specific and global education content development and learning platform improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with VP of Research & Education and educational partners in the analysis of packaging trends to identify learning gaps or needs for Education Council consideration
- Overall responsibility for management of program to deliver on established goals, including analyzing results, and taking corrective actions
- Implement and lead marketing initiatives to expand impact of PackSight to member and non-member audiences, worldwide
- Consistently meets with staff to ensure everyone has knowledge of all PackSight offerings and/or services to present to members and potential members and have the information needed for promotion
- Maintains relationships with Specright and PackSight users and understands user cultures, decision makers and operating philosophies to identify the most impactful areas of opportunity and implement further development
- Work in collaboration with VP of Standards & Certification to ensure the tool consistently and accurately represents ISTA testing
- BS in Marketing or Packaging required, MS or MBA preferred
- At least 10 years prior experience in marketing, development, or brand management
- At least 5 years in experience in the packaging or related field. Experience with transit packaging is preferred
- An experienced self-starter with strong technical, project management, and team leadership abilities
- The ability to multitask across projects and to work with little direction and supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work remotely.
A competitive compensation package will be awarded to the qualified candidate.