BENEFITS OF ISTA MEMBERSHIP
Since 1948, our non-profit member driven association has lead the industry in developing test protocols to ensure products survive the risky and hazardous global distribution market. The risk of damage is present in every supply chain, but transportation hazards are predictable and damage can be prevented.
ISTA provides solutions for engineering packaging that meets the demand of their supply chain at the lowest cost and smallest environmental footprint. The proven creditability of our test protocols and design standards provide the confidence needed in managing risk while optimizing your supply chain.
Through the collection and development of this important data our testing protocols offer a level of assurance and set a standard for manufacturers, distributors, and testing laboratories worldwide. With international input and a consensus-based approach, our testing protocols and design standards define how packages should perform in transit.
Our Members: We anticipate the needs of tomorrow for our global member base that includes product manufactures, packaging suppliers, package carriers, testing laboratories and research & academic institutions.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A HELPFUL VIDEO!
WE CERTIFY CONFIDENCE
An advantage to our shipper members is the use of the ISTA® Transit Tested Certification Mark. Presence of the mark signifies that a package has passed pre-shipment laboratory testing and that ISTA has reviewed the results of the test report and certified the packaged-product for safe transit within specified damage limits. ISTA® Certification Mark Benefits:
- Provides visible proof that a package conforms to an established test standard and recognition by all parties that requirements have been met
- Is assurance the package is adequately protected against shock, vibration, compression and/or atmospheric hazards in the distribution environment when the appropriate procedure is utilized
- Reduces or eliminates the need for multiple trial shipments and gets new products to market faster while assuring their survival
- Strengthens your company’s position in claims negotiations as it establishes the adequacy of the package
- Assures greater customer satisfaction and enhances your reputation because your products arrive in the optimal condition.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free and complete online access to all Test Procedures. As Procedures are revised and new Projects added, members can keep up-to-date with free downloads of PDF versions of all our testing protocols.
- Access to the Member Center:
- Member Directory
- Procedure Search and Download
- Update membership contact information
- Review annual dues invoice and quickly renew your membership
- Take the CPLP exam
- Take an active role in the development of new protocols
- Register for educational events using your Member discount
- Access to Project 4AB
- Education, Training and Networking. Only members are provided regular opportunities to exchange theories and best practices. ISTA educational and networking opportunities allow members to keep current with both test procedures and developments in the transport packaging industry. From our annual International Transport Packaging Forum, Training, Workshops and International Symposiums, ISTA is committed to providing quality educational events that respond to the industry and will deliver direct benefits to you and your company.
- Direct Support. Only members have unlimited access to the technical expertise of the ISTA professional staff, who can provide counsel in all aspects of transport packaging. And only members are provided free online access to the most current testing procedures and guidelines for their use.
- CPLP Certification. Only members are eligible to achieve Certified Packaging Laboratory Professional (CPLP) certification. For a manufacturer / shipper, having people with specific training and certification in transport packaging testing adds to the overall process of achieving effective, economical packaging.
- Global Network. Only members are given access to our extensive worldwide network of resources and support that will keep you at the leading edge of your profession and industry. The active participation and expertise of our diverse international membership provides a strength you can rely on.
- Resource Book. Only members receive the ISTA® Resource Book free of charge. Updated annually, this book contains complete information about the ISTA Test Procedures and Guidelines for their selection and use.
- ista views. All members receive free subscriptions to ISTA’s digital magazine ista views. This publication contains not only ISTA and industry news, but also technical and operational information which can directly influence the bottom line and make your job easier.
- Certification of your packaged-product. Only members whose packaged-products are successfully tested in ISTA certified labs may have those products ISTA certified. Certification strengthens your position in a dispute with anyone involved in your products’ distribution channel. More importantly, certification provides greater confidence in a volatile transport environment.