An online test planning and reporting platform for ISTA test procedures.
ISTA's PackSight, powered by Specright is transforming the way packaging testing is performed through a new online planning and reporting platform for ISTA test procedures. PackSight is a secure, cloud-based, global, mobile, and web access workflow tool with a central data repository for ISTA testing.
Simply select a test procedure, enter your test package's weight and dimensions, and PackSight provides a streamlined, step-by-step workflow specific to the test item. You can use a computer or mobile device to collect testing in real-time or print off the workflow. Once testing is complete, reports are auto-generated and stored in a secure cloud environment, making results accessible anywhere, anytime.
To learn more about why we built PackSight and the outcomes it enables, read our eBook Transforming Packaging Performance with PackSight.
NOW AVAILABLE! 14 Regional Vibration Data Profiles
ISTA has invested in a collection of global supply chain transportation data! Use PackSight‘s Custom Test Builder to create your own unique test plans & reports using these 14 new regional vibration profiles ready for test lab simulation.
- Global regions: Asia-Pacific (China, India, Thailand), Western Europe, North America (United States) & Australia
- Transportation modes: Rail, over the road & air
- Vehicles: Boxcar, large semi-trailer (steel spring & air ride), flatbed trailer (steel spring & air ride), composite truck, small straight truck (box truck) & aircraft
NEW! Custom Test Builder is Here
PackSight’s powerful custom test builder feature makes it easy for you to customize a test specific to your distribution chain.
- JUST ADDED: 1A and 2A test blocks now available in the Custom Test Builder feature.
- UPDATE: PackSight users can now select any of the 114 test blocks from ISTA‘s top ten procedures – 1A, 2A, 3ABEF&H, 6-SAMSCLUB, 6-Amazon.com-Over Boxing & 6-Amazon.com-SIOC. Look for more to come in the second half of 2022!
- Link individual test elements or ingredients together from the existing 3-series or 6-series test blocks to build your own test or recipe that meets your supply chain needs.
- Plus, save your test as a template for your entire team to use again and again.
- Make your own recipe with our existing ingredients, equations & logic
- Or, modify the ingredients as you wish to make it your own!
Tips & Tricks
PackSight now has an Analytics Dashboard to provide you a high-level view of the tests being done in your lab.
Access the Analytics Dashboard by clicking "Analytics" from the Home page navigation bar, and see metrics like number of tests created in the last year, and tests broken out by test type. Click any chart's "View Report" link to see the data behind the chart.
Upload Photos Directly to Your Test Report
You can take pictures and directly upload them into your ISTA tests. Easily create detailed reports with our direct image upload features.
Upcoming Office Hours | Register Now!
Thursday, December 15th | 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM Eastern EST
PackSight Office Hours are live interactive sessions where the PackSight team will answer your questions about using PackSight. Bring your questions about the powerful new custom test builder or about any aspect of the PackSight tool. Ask questions live or use this form to submit your questions prior to the sessions. We’re excited to have you join us and learn more about PackSight!
- When and how would I use it?
- How can I leverage PackSight to build a test that represents my end-to-end supply chain test?
- If I build a custom test template, will PackSight still auto calculate packaged-product specific test elements such as compression force and drop heights?
- How do I modify an existing ISTA test to meet my internal testing requirements?
- Can I modify a previously developed custom test template?
Watch Now: Testimonials, Webinars & Live Demos
NEW! Webinar Recording - Live PackSight Demo, New Features & Feedback from Major Brand User
University saves time in the lab!
Watch the Custom Test Builder in action.
Live Demo at Virtual 2021 ISTA Forum.
Major brand improves e-Commerce strategies.
Supplier saves time in the lab & ramps up testing volume.
6-Amazon.com-SIOC live demo.
PackSight live demo, benefits & getting started.
All Webinar Q&A'sClick here to view answers to all of the questions asked during the webinar series.
Select, Collect and Analyze ISTA Protocol
Labs can now select, collect and analyze test reports within PackSight, creating efficiencies and visibility for stakeholders across the supply chain.
Select Test Paths
With PackSight, users can feel confident knowing they've selected the right test. Users simply enter basic package information and PackSight generates the right test path to perform.
With the rise of more complicated and nuanced test procedures such as 6-Amazon.com-SIOC or 6-SAMSCLUB, PackSight takes the guesswork out of packaging testing and reduces the time it takes to complete tests.
The PackSight online platform allows users to easily input packaging information, quickly select test protocols, and generate test paths in minutes. Users can start a new test or pick up where they left off with a test already in progress.
Once users select the right test, they can quickly and easily perform the procedures. Whether users are veteran testers or new to the process, they can select a step-by-step or short test plan to complete tests.
Given the variables across packaging labs setups, users can perform the tests in a variety of ways.In the step-by-step version, users are walked through the test protocol, and given helpful tips and before-you-begin information for eachtest block. In the short test plan, users see a streamlined view of the test blocks, which hides the information they already know, and allows them to quickly and efficiently complete a test on a single screen.
Analyze Testing Trends
With thousands of ISTA tests completed each year, there is a wealth of data on packaging performance. Previously, labs and brands had little visibility into test trends or results over time.
With PackSight, labs and brands can pull data on tests and look at historical trends. No more searching through personal file folders or shared drives. Because PackSight captures data in a consistent, structured manner, it‘s easy to comparetests as apples-to-apples even if they‘re performed by different people. Users can easily pull data and reports to answer questions such as: why is a certain product type always failing?
Auto-Generate Test Reports
One of the major benefits of PackSight automatic report generation, which previously took hours when done manually.
With PackSight, users can auto-generate reports within the platform based on their inputs and documentation. Within minutes, users can have a PDF or digital version of their test, stored within PackSight for historical tracking and reporting.Test results can be easily accessed on the go, as long as the user has an internet connection.
Benefits and Features of Digital Testing Protocol
Easy test planning
Save time with short or step-by-step test planning. PackSight quickly generates a package-product specific test path allowing you to move through the test procedures without double checking protocols.
Accuracy, consistency & confidence
PackSight guides you through the most current versions of the test procedures, preventing mistakes. Start a new test or pick up where your team left off with a test already in progress.
PackSight lets you say goodbye to the hassle of manual test reporting. Run reports with the click of a button.
Security & scalability
PackSight leverages Specrights best-in-class security capabilities to ensure data is safeguarded. Through a combination of technol-ogy and user permissions, labs can rest assured that the right data is accessed by the right people.
PackSight is built on the Specright Specification Data Management platform, which was built for enterprise companies to manage hundreds of thousands of data points related to packaging and products. As a result, PackSight can easily perform and store tests without a lag in performance. Both companies will also work to continuously release new PackSight features to benefit members.
Technology and Expertise
In creating PackSight, ISTA and Specright combined over 100 years of packaging expertise and leading technology innovations. The result is a platform built by packaging professionals, for packaging professionals.
ISTA Membership offers unique features and benefits, and only ISTA members have access to PackSight! If you're not a member, get involved and help make a difference.
- ISTA Lab membership includes one user license with membership. Labs may add additional users for $600/yr each.
- ISTA memberships without a lab may add-on a PackSight user license to their membership for $950/yr and additional users for $600/yr. each.
Transfer User License
Delegates may request to have their designated user license transferred to someone else within your company. Email support and we’ll transfer the license.
- Start an email with Subject line "Transfer PackSight license"
- CC the person that the license should be transferred to
- Include the following information:
- Company Name
- ISTA Member ID
- First & last name of the person the license should be transferred to
- Email address of the person the license should be transferred to